Upgraded to 1Password 8 family membership, now missing 2 features in the browser extension

Options

I have recently upgraded from 1Password 6 (no membership) to 1Password 8. With the upgrade I also started using the newest browser extension. While the app itself looks better and overall works better I have not the same experience with the extension.
Two big features I miss (that were there in the previous version I used):

• The extension will suggest a password but I cannot change the recipe it uses (length, numbers, special characters etc). Using this inline, previously I could do this within the right-click-menu.
  • It doesn't let me search and select other login credentials than the one(s) suggested.

Please bring it back, especially the first one. Or am I missing how to do this?

Thanks!

Btw: I use Chrome version 102.

1Password Version: 8.7.1
Extension Version: 2.3.5
OS Version: 12.4

Comments

• Hey @mdejong:

Thanks for your feedback on this! We've found that our Smart Password rules work in most places, as we use a limited set of characters, as well as rely on some hints from both the website (the passwordrules attribute) or checking a list compiled by our friends at Apple. If you'd like to generate a password following your own settings, you can do this by opening the 1Password pop-up in Chrome, clicking the menu icon (≡) > Password Generator, then choosing Random Password:

As for searching, you can do that in the 1Password pop-up as well, using the search bar. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.