Add "Username" field to credit card Add item so that when I copy to paste it does not include "ID".

Options
intern
intern
Community Member

When you "Add Item" credit card you are given several options such as Password, Phone etc. There is no field called "Username". So you label the text field Username and then type in the username / ID. However when you copy the field and paste it it also copies the word ID which is not part of the username and you get a log in error. This unlike when copy the pre-labeled field for password, only the password is copied and not the label. If you don't label the field the shared family members don't know the field has the username in it.
Does anyone have a solution?
Thank you,
PS: I'm new at this.

1Password Version: installed 2 weeks ago
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Referrer: forum-search:add "ID" field to credit card Add item

Comments

• Hello @intern, thanks for your message.

It sounds like you are referring to a "username" field for a login to your credit card institution's website. If this is the case, I would suggest creating a separate Login item to store these account credentials.

Credit Card (and Identity) items can be used to to fill specific details when shopping online. More details about this found in this support article: Save and fill credit cards and addresses

Please let us know if this information helps, but if you need further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us. We'll be here for you!

This discussion has been closed.