How do I open and fill the Server/IP Address associated with my wireless router?

dragknucle
dragknucle
Community Member
edited June 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Can any 1Password product fill a Basic Authentication header? I understand that this may not be possible but there ought to be some ways you can shorten the router login workflow. I found that when I manually enter the Router IP address or website (fully qualified domain name) associated with my router, 1Password for Safari does not detect and associate the entry with the website. What can you or I do to shorten this workflow besides creating a separate login entry for the router? I do not want to have to manage the password in 2 separate entries,

Router Login Workflow

1. In 1Password for Safari, search for "router".
  2. Copy the Router URL
  3. Paste the URL/IP into Safari URL box
  4. In 1Password for Safari, search for "router".
  5. Copy the password
  6. Manually type the username into the basic authentication box.
  7. Paste in the password
  8. Press enter to login.

1Password Version: Mac 8.7.1
Extension Version: Safari 2.3.5 Firefox 2.3.5
OS Version: MacOS 12.4
Referrer: forum-search:router

Comments

• Hey @dragknucle:

While it's possible to use Open and Fill from a Login item for HTTP basic authentication, currently the Wireless Router category can't be used to Autofill or Open and Fill.

If your router admin login credentials are separate from the actual Wi-Fi connection credentials, what might be your best solution is creating a new Login item with the IP address, username, and password for your router, and linking it to your Wireless Router item: Link related items in 1Password

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.