How to fully disable Google Password Manager

Chriis
Chriis
Community Member

Hi,
When on a webpage with a login/password inside Chrome for Android, I have this bar in addition to 1password: you can see the key icon

When I look into the settings of Android: 'General management' then 'Password and autofill'
I have this:

but Google cannot be removed here. Has someone managed to replace Google here by 1password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• INTRASERVER
    INTRASERVER
    Community Member

You have to set 1Password as primary.

• Hello @Chriis, thanks for your question! That key symbol is Chrome's password saver. Tapping it allows you to manage passwords saved through Chrome. To my knowledge, this bar cannot be disabled in Chrome even when 1Password is set as the Autofill service and Save passwords is off in Chrome password settings.

In your second image, Google will be set under Passwords in the Passwords and Autofill or Passwords and accounts settings on most Android device. If you look under the Passwords heading you should see Autofill service. Confirm 1Password is set as the Autofill service so you can fill and save with 1Password on your Android device.

• Chriis
    Chriis
    Community Member
    edited June 2022

Yes I confirm 1Password is set to Autofill, just below my 2nd screenshot.
    It's a pity Google does not fully disable its password manager when we have disabled it in the settings 😥

• Hi @Chriis, thanks for confirming that! I definitely agree having that key icon pop up can get annoying. Hopefully we'll see an option to disable it in the future.

This discussion has been closed.