1Password 8 (Early Access) Issues list.

INTRASERVER
INTRASERVER
Community Member
edited June 2022 in Android

I tried for 15min and unfortunately worst experience with it. Most bad part is I couldn't find option to enable biometric login. So to open 1Password always has to enter password manualy. Secondly didn't work with many pages, didn't offer to use 1Password to sign. Secondly when I entered password on web pages Google Password Manager overlapse to 1Password. Even 1Password been set as one to save and use for autofill.

Comments

• Hi @INTRASERVER, thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear your experience with 1Password 8 hasn't been great so far.

I couldn't find option to enable biometric login.

The biometric unlock option can be found under ⚙️(Settings) > Security. On some devices the biometric unlock option is defaulting to Face unlock, even if Face unlock isn't in use on the device. If that was the case for you, tapping Face unlock will allow you to enable biometric unlock with you're fingerprint. Our development team is working on addressing this.

Secondly didn't work with many pages, didn't offer to use 1Password to sign.

Are there any specific websites where 1Password 8 for Android did not offer to fill or save your credentials? If so, you can share the site as well as the browser used. I would be happy to test these out myself.

when I entered password on web pages Google Password Manager overlapse to 1Password.

If you have previously saved logins in Chrome, the Chrome password manager is quite persistent in offering to fill even if a different Autofill service has been selected. If you open Chrome and tap ⋮ > Settings > Passwords, under Passwords do you have items listed?

• INTRASERVER
    INTRASERVER
    Community Member

Thanks for repley. This is little bit confusing. I seen option face unlock, but I didn't expect it can be releated with fingerprint as well.
    It happen on many pages, unfortunately I removed v.8 I can't say ehich one.
    I don't use Chrome browser, if you want more specific, then chrome I have fully deleted from my phone. I'm using Firefox. And 1Password is set as first, default to save and autofill passwords.

• Hi @INTRASERVER, thanks for following up with us.

This is little bit confusing. I seen option face unlock, but I didn't expect it can be releated with fingerprint as well.

I definitely agree this issue is causing the current wording to be a bit confusing. Our development team is working to resolve this issue so hopefully we'll have a fix available soon!

when I entered password on web pages Google Password Manager overlapse to 1Password... I'm using Firefox. And 1Password is set as first, default to save and autofill passwords.

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Android device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• dgg4
    dgg4
    Community Member

tapping Face unlock will allow you to enable biometric unlock with you're fingerprint.

This does not work on Verizon Galaxy Fold 3. I turned on Face Unlock, but that does not enable fingerprint unlock. Have to use password to unlock. Painful!

• ag_timothy
    edited July 2022

Hello @dgg4, I'm sorry to hear that didn't work for you! When you open 1Password for Android do you see a face icon next to the account password field similar to my example below?

If so, tapping the face icon should open the biometric prompt. If not, you can try resetting any biometrics saved on your device:
    1. Turn Biometric unlock off under Settings > Security in 1Password for Android.
    2. Delete all saved biometry and disable fingerprint unlock in your device settings.
    3. Restart your device.
    4. Enable fingerprint unlock in your device settings.
    5. Enroll your fingerprint again.
    6. Enable Biometric unlock in 1Password for Android.

Let me know how that goes!

• dgg4
    dgg4
    Community Member

fingerprint unlock is working now. There was an update to the app that downloaded and then fingerprint unlock started to work. Thx!

• INTRASERVER
    INTRASERVER
    Community Member
    edited July 2022

Ok, installed 1Password 8. Well ok, works perfect, no issues except some thing to get working is tricky. Setup fingerprint (1Password > Settings > Security > Fingerprint Unlock) isn't like just turn on and it works. (You don't need remove and readd fingerprint in Android Settings.) But when you enable it and you close app it doesn't work. It still asking password. You have after enable fingerprint, biometric login to lock app. First time after lock it asking password. Don't worry unlock it by entering password. So you have to lock it again. Now after second time you lock it you in password field right side see fingerprint icon. So you can press on it and it will ask you to use fingerprint. Unlock app with fingerprint. Now you can close app and fingerprint works.

This way work on Google Pixel 6 Pro.

• Hi @dgg4, thanks for following up with us! I'm glad to hear an update resolved the issue.

Hi @INTRASERVER thanks for your comments. You are correct, after enabling biometric unlock in 1Password 8 for Android your next sign in will require the account password to finish confirming. I believe the issue dgg4 was running into was a little different and I should have separated the comment to a new thread or better clarified that. Apologies for any confusion and thanks again!

• INTRASERVER
    INTRASERVER
    Community Member
    edited July 2022

Hello @ag_timothy thanks for reply. Partly you are right. If I close app after enabling biometric unlock, it always asking for password when opening app. But if I lock app it ask only first time for password to unlock (confirm), but second time after lock fingerprint is as option for unlock app. So I'd say if you closing app fingerprint unlock it not gonna work, till you lock app and unlock app twice.

• Hi @INTRASERVER thanks for those additional details.

If I close app after enabling biometric unlock, it always asking for password when opening app.

Can you clarify how you're closing the app in this situation? I'd also like to ask which version of 1Password 8 for Android you have installed (Settings > About).

• INTRASERVER
    INTRASERVER
    Community Member
    edited July 2022

Closing app is like swipe up. But lock app is press on profile and from drop menu press lock. This happen when you first time enable biometric unlock. But if you follow like I wrote then after no problem and doesn't need to write password any more.

• Hi @INTRASERVER, thanks for clarifying that!

• oilburner
    oilburner
    Community Member

Hi - my Galaxy tablet uses face recognition. I went through all of your deleting/uninstalling steps multiple times yet it still doesn't enable the feature for 1Password. I only get a prompt to enter my password to open the application. Could you help please?

• Hello @oilburner, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with Biometric unlock.

There are a few device requirements in order to enable face unlock with 1Password. 1Password requires devices to use Google's native Biometric framework as well as use strong encryption. To clarify, many devices have a facial scanner, but may not support Google's native Biometric framework as well as support strong encryption. Part of that support includes requirements for a front facing camera that can capture facial biometry in three dimensions. Without it, there's a possibility a photograph could be used to trick the facial scanner. Currently, this support is limited to a small number of Android devices and I do not think it's available with Galaxy tablets.

If your device has a fingerprint scanner you can use that instead.

This discussion has been closed.