How to prevent 1Password from locking up?

Options
diegobernardes
diegobernardes
Community Member

I never had problems with 1Password but since I updated to the version 8 I'm having lots of problems with the application locking up all the time. There is anything I can do to prevent it from locking? Once the application is unlocked I would like that it stays like that. This is my current configuration:

1Password Version: 8.7.1
Extension Version: 80701002, on PRODUCTION channel
OS Version: 12.4 (21F79)

Comments

• Hi @diegobernardes:

Do you have "Keep 1Password in the menu bar" enabled in Preferences > General? If you don't, then using ⌘+Q to quit 1Password will completely close 1Password, and require it to be unlocked the next time you launch it. Let me know!

Jack

• ahankins
    ahankins
    Community Member
    Options

Even though this is an old thread, I came here for this same reason. I hate having unnecessary items in my menubar... It seems there is no way to keep 1Password 8 running without having the menubar item enabled, correct?

• Hi @ahankins:

Yes, as it currently stands, that's correct, it's necessary to have 1Password in the menu bar in order to stay running. We're still discussing this internally, and I'll share your feedback with the team.

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-1257

• ahankins
    ahankins
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for confirming and adding feedback. I was very hesitant to make the jump to version 8 but it’s all gone very well overall!

While I can understand a lot of the complaints, for my use case, I only have 3 “gripes”:

1) Requiring the menu bar item to keep 1Password running
    2) Lack of Mac App Store availability
    3) Ability to reorder the sidebar sections like on the iOS version

• gcv
    gcv
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue. I discovered that I need to first open up the 1Password app, and then open up my browser. If I open up a browser first, and then 1Password, it doesn't work.

To add to the aggravation, even when I follow this sequence, 1Password will work for a bit and then lock up. If I click on a password field for a log-in, 1Password will show the correct name of the web site but will not autofill the data. I need to close 1Password AND my browser, and start the process all over again.

The "updated" 1Password is definitely not as user friendly or efficient as the previous version. I hope the bugs are fixed soon. As in pronto.

This discussion has been closed.