[1P8] Prompt to sign in using 1Password does not consistently appear

winstonp
winstonp
Community Member
edited June 2022 in Android

In the old 1P7, on every password field, there is a sign in with 1Password option that always appears above the keyboard. Tapping it encourages me to verify my fingerprint and then shows me the available options.

In 1P8, this does not appear when 1P8 is locked. Instead, I must exit the browser/app first, then open 1P8, before returning to the app to see the available accounts to login. This is backwards and very annoying, and makes the app more like LastPass which I left for precisely this reason. Please restore the old behavior to let us authenticate our 1Password when in another app.

1Password Version: 8 beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13 beta 3.2
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @winstonp, thanks for letting us know this has been an issue for you. I've tested this and I'm consistently seeing the 1Password 8 Autofill prompt when the app is locked. Have you noticed this occurring with a specific browser or specific websites? Which version of the beta is installed on your device ( ⚙️(Settings) > About)?

• winstonp
    winstonp
    Community Member

8.8.0, 80800139

Device is a Pixel 6 if it helps, running the A13 beta.

• Hi @winstonp, thanks for your reply. Would you mind updating to the current version of the beta, version 80800161 then check if this issue is still occurring? You can search for 1Password 8 in the Google Play store then tap Update to update. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.