To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1Password (Mac) installation removed classic version and password vault

Options
TheNaughtyOtter
TheNaughtyOtter
Community Member

Hi!

after finally taking the plunge and moving from 1Password classic to the cloud subscription model, installing the new 1Password app (silently as far as I can tell) removed the classic app and password file/vault.

This happened a week ago, I have raised a support request but have heard nothing back :( I have not touched 1Password since (as I don’t want to change anything in case it impacts recovery) and so am effectively blocked at the moment.

Hoping someone can help! My trial is expiring apparently and I have not been able to use 1Password at all so far!

Comments

• @TheNaughtyOtter

I do not see a support request associated with the email you used in the community. Did you receive a support id? If so, can you share it with me?

• Please do not share any other email addresses you used here in the open public forum.
  • TheNaughtyOtter
    TheNaughtyOtter
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I have a support ID - how should I share it (btw I have separate mails for forum and my account)

• ag_tommy
    edited June 2022
    Options

@TheNaughtyOtter

You can post the support id here. :)

• TheNaughtyOtter
    TheNaughtyOtter
    Community Member
    edited June 2022
    Options

@ag_tommy Thanks! It’s YTW-69862-416

• @TheNaughtyOtter

It looks like you may have inadvertently pushed yourself to the back of the queue by sending multiple replies. I'll see if I can get one of my colleagues to get back to you. My apologies for the trouble.

• TheNaughtyOtter
    TheNaughtyOtter
    Community Member
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hi @ag_tommy yeah having worked in support, I suspected that was the case - so I mailed support from a separate mail thread a couple days ago - so there’s a second ping on it somewhere, FYI.

• Hi @TheNaughtyOtter:

Thanks for following up, I see we recently reached out to you as well, so continuing the conversation there would be best.

Jack

ref: YTW-69862-416

• FamilyHistoryDiva
    FamilyHistoryDiva
    Community Member
    Options

I have just migrated from 1Password mac version 6 to Version 8 and I can't figure out how to restore my backup. Is there an answer here, yet?

• FamilyHistoryDiva
    FamilyHistoryDiva
    Community Member
    Options

OK. Luckily my Android phone made the transition without deleting the original vault. Phew. Maybe you should look at the transition on the Mac end, developers. NNTA.

This discussion has been closed.