Autofill in apps never works

Options
DavidGA
DavidGA
Community Member

Whenever I try to autofill a username/password in an app, any app, it doesn't work. I hit Command-\, I click "autofill", the 1Password windows goes away and... nothing happens. No username or password is entered.

I have already enabled Accessibility access for 1Password.

1Password Version: 8.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @DavidGA :

Can you try to autofill with the steps outlined in our support guide here: Fill details in app. For step #2, the default keyboard shortcut for Quick Access is Shift - Command - Spacebar. This will ensure that the Login item is linked to the app. Once linked, you can use the shortcut, Command - \, to fill.

Let me know how that works for you! 😊

Alvin

• DavidGA
    DavidGA
    Community Member
    Options

Command-Shift-Space is no good, the resulting window has no "Autofill" button. There is an "Autofill" in the three dots menu, but this doesn't work.

Command-\ does have "Autofill" buttons, but as previously mentioned, they don't work either.

• Hey @DavidGA:

In that case, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.