accessibility without autofill

Options
roopakv
roopakv
Community Member

in 1P7 you could use accessibility without autofill.

for a user who has a lot of basic passwords with my google password storage and the main stuff with 1P, i had a perfect balance of being able to use both.

in 1P8 i am forced to use 1p autofill for the accessibility portion which means i cant use both simultaneously.

please allow accessibility without forcing autofill

Comments

• Hello @roopakv, thanks for joining us on the forum!

We introduced Accessibility filling when Autofill was not available as broadly on devices. 1Password 8 for Android is supported on devices running Android 9 or higher which all support Autofill. The Autofill features available on these versions of Android are capable of delivering the same or better features than Accessibility-based filling with less impact on performance and battery life.

Thanks very much for sharing your interest and use case for Accessibility filling. I've gone ahead and shared your feedback with the team.

• roopakv
    roopakv
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_timothy i think that makes sense, however if i want to use both 1P + Google autofill, im in a bit of trouble which worked seemlessly before.

• Hi @roopakv, thanks for adding that. I did want to note that if you have previously saved passwords with Google Chrome they should continue to be offered in Chrome even if 1Password 8 is set as the Autofill service as you can see in my example below:

This discussion has been closed.