Minor cosmetic issue and AutoFill query

Options
clakulus
clakulus
Community Member

Hi all.

New to 1Password and loving it so far, but I’d like to ask a few pretty minor questions.

First off, is there any way to disable/fix the Face ID ‘slide up’ animation when using Safari AutoFill? (key icon). The animation cuts off half way and can look quite jarring. Very nitpicky, but I thought I’d ask anyway.

https://gfycat.com/falsedecimalfreshwatereel

I would also like to ask if anyone has been having issues with signing into live.com accounts using iOS AutoFill too, as for some reason the password is not detected by Safari, even though 1P does recognise ‘login.live.com’ as a saved item on desktop browsers.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Hi @clakulus :

Welcome to 1Password! 😊

I've filed a feature request in our internal tracker to see if we can make any adjustments to the animation. While I cannot promise anything, our team will take a look at the report and decide if it'll be implemented in a future version of 1Password.

Just to confirm on my end, do you have 1Password set up to AutoFill? If not, here are the steps:

1. On the Home screen of your iOS device, tap on the Settings app.
    2. Tap Passwords > AutoFill Passwords.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords.
    4. Select 1Password.

If you have iCloud Keychain selected here, I'd suggest deselecting it so you’ll always know passwords are saved in 1Password, without any confusion.

Once AutoFill is setup, you can fill and save your passwords by following our support guide here: 1Password - Fill, save, and create passwords.

If you already have completed the above steps and are still experiencing issues with AutoFIll on live.com, to help me better understand the situation I'd like to ask you to take a screenshot of what you're seeing and attach it to your reply:

Please be sure to mask any private information in the screenshot. Thanks!

Alvin

• clakulus
    clakulus
    Community Member
    Options

Hi.

Thanks for your reply and for passing on my suggestion.

I do indeed have AutoFill enabled and for the most part it works, just like it did when I was using Keychain (which I have disabled).

I am now at the stage where on live.com specifically, my saved password for the site is not suggested by iOS (on the keyboard), however when I press the ‘Passwords’ button above the keyboard, 1Password does suggest the saved login.

This is by no means a major issue whatsoever, but I have noticed a fair amount of quirks in the way 1P autofills in general compared to Chrome and Keychain.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.