In The Latest Early Release Versions, Face ID Doesn't Automatically Start Scanning

Options
nimvio
nimvio
Community Member
edited June 2022 in iOS

I've included a picture to show what I'm referring to. I'm using the most recent TestFlight releases on iOS, 8.8.x, and it used to be that when you've left the app for a while and came back, it'd automatically initiate Face ID scanning. It still does, sometimes, but more often than not, it requires pressing the Face ID button. And in some cases, the Face ID button isn't showing, and so you have to either force close the app, or enter your password, because the Face ID icon is replaced by an X button, as the app automatically focuses and opens the keyboard (to allow you to enter your password).

Please bring it back so that it automatically scans after being locked/timed out. Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Tino_B
    Tino_B
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm this. I have to force close the app too and then its possible now to open the app with face id.

• nimvio
    nimvio
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @Tino_B , for sharing your experience.

• EggsAndAvo
    EggsAndAvo
    Community Member
    Options

Same here, sometimes when I open it after being idle it automatically opens the text field and there is no option for face ID, just an arrow. Hopefully they bring back auto face ID

This discussion has been closed.