1Password 8.7.3 "upgrade" and "Can't connect to browser"

Options
Thorgrim
Thorgrim
Community Member

After the "update" to 8.7.3, first the not launching from "/Application" folder occurred. After relaunching the correct version, nothing in Safari works and Preferences > Browser shows the "Weren't able to connect" messages.

I can apply the Terminal "fix" but I have to reboot to get it to work and any other reboot causes everything to break again.

And any password dialog in Safari, causes 1Password to appear over the top of my Safari window, even though 1password can't help me fill them in at all automatically.

Is there a way to revert to 8.7.1? I need to get work done.

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: 2.3.6
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• IanTaylorFB
    IanTaylorFB
    Community Member
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hey @Thorgrim, I found your post when I was looking for something else.

You can download 8.7.1 directly using one of the following links:
    Intel CPU: https://downloads.1password.com/mac/1Password-8.7.1-x86_64.zip
    Apple CPU: https://downloads.1password.com/mac/1Password-8.7.1-aarch64.zip

In either case, you'll get a zip file in your downloads. Unzip the file and you'll get a 1Password.app file in your downloads. Drag this to your /Applications folder, and follow whatever prompts and security requirements you have on your Mac.

Make sure you back stuff up before modifying your system, and run all your normal security and malware checks in every case.

HTH

• Thorgrim
    Thorgrim
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!

Is there a way of shutting off auto updates? I couldn't find it in version 8.

• @Thorgrim

I think disabling the option for install updates automatically is what you are looking for.

1Password > Preferences > Advanced: Install updates automatically

• staycrunchy
    staycrunchy
    Community Member
    Options

Is there an update coming to fix this? It's essentially broken my ability to use 1Password in Chrome (which is 99.9% of where I use it)

• Hi @staycrunchy:

Are you still running into trouble with 1Password in Chrome? That definitely isn't the experience we want you to have, so if 1Password still isn't working quite right for you, we'd be happy to take a closer look.

Jack

• staycrunchy
    staycrunchy
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P once I downgraded to 8.7.1 the issue went away, so it's definitely a bug that was introduced as part of the 8.7.2/8.7.3 release. I had the issue across two machines (work and personal) so it definitely wasn't something specific to a given setup. Have y'all figured out what the issue is and fixed it?

• Hi @staycrunchy,

To help us troubleshoot further, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.