1Password 8 is not for the OS-challenged

Options
danaleighton
danaleighton
Community Member
edited June 2022 in Mac

Not a question, but here is a PSA for folks like me on older hardware that requires older OS. Specifically 10.15 Catalina. - DON'T upgrade to 1Password 8

1Passsword 8 is mostly unusable on this OS. I reported a Safari issue previously to support, and they suggested the nightly builds. This helped get Safari working, but not adequately. The browser extensions (Safari and Firefox) are either inoperable (Safari) or semi-responsive and slow (Firefox). Add to that the recent shifting of the focus to 1Password without provocation or warning, and it was just the last straw. So, I downgraded.

Also another warning: 1Password apparently was conflicting with TypeIt4Me, making that application inoperable.

Downgrading (THANK YOU for the ability to downgrade) to 1Password 7 resolved the issues. I am SOOOO happy to have command-\ back!!!!

I hope the developers will let us know when it is fully working on our decrepit operating systems. Someday I might have a big-boy job that pays enough to save up for a new computer! :-)

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.7 (19H1922)
Browser:_ Safari, Firefox

This discussion has been closed.