Synchronisation between 1P App and Safari Extension

Options
electricarts
electricarts
Community Member

How long does it take (or why does it not happen immediately) until changed entries in 1P are synchronised between the desktop app and the browser extension?

I've just had this happen again: I've changed or extended an existing entry in the app and minutes later these changes are still not visible in the Safari extension (in the pop-up). It's the same in the opposite direction. Is this normal?

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.6
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @electricarts! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing delays when making changes to items on your devices. A delay of several minutes certainly doesn't sound right. The first step will be to see where the delay is happening: with the 1Password app or 1Password in the browser. Can you please try this test:

1. Edit an item using the 1Password desktop app and make sure that you don't see the change in 1Password in the browser. Do you see the change when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?
    2. Edit an item using 1Password in the browser and make sure that you don't see the change in the 1Password desktop app. Do you see the change when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?

I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

• electricarts
    electricarts
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

Sorry for the late reply. Covid had knocked me out for 2 weeks.

It definitely seems to be the browser. I see the changes in both directions on 1Password.eu and the desktop app. But not in the Safari browser extension.

This discussion has been closed.