To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Old Account Upgrade Help

Options
BandGuy
BandGuy
Community Member
edited July 2022 in Memberships

Hi there. I have a 1 password account that I downloaded probably over a decade ago back when there was a Google Chrome Extension that went with it and there wasn't a subscription. I never upgraded because I couldn't afford it until now, as I have recently got a new, much better-paying job, and am ready to upgrade a lot of things that have been lacking in our lives. I have a few questions about this process:

• How do I upgrade this?
  • Will all of the passwords I still have in my vault transfer, or will I lose all of them and have to start over?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Jack.P_1P
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hey @BandGuy:

Glad to hear you've been with us for so long. Getting in touch with our migrations team directly would be best, as they'd be able to walk you through getting everything moved into a 1Password account, as well as see if there's any promotions you may be eligible for. ๐Ÿ˜‰

You'll be able to move all of your current items into your new 1Password account, so you definitely won't have to start over.

You can get in touch with them by emailing us at support+tradein@1password.com, and include a link to this thread, as well as your username BandGuy. You'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks a bit like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your email to us and make sure it's gotten to the right place.

Jack

• BandGuy
    BandGuy
    Community Member
    Options

What's a BitBot?

• Hey @BandGuy:

BitBot is our friendly robot assistant. ๐Ÿ˜€

Jack

• BandGuy
    BandGuy
    Community Member
    Options

Do I get it via email?

• BandGuy
    BandGuy
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P

I didn't get the support ID with the email.

• Hey @BandGuy:

I was able to locate your email to us, so we'll be in touch with you soon. Keep an eye out!

Jack

ref: EKU-23448-387

• BandGuy
    BandGuy
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P

Excellent! Thank you so much!

• BandGuy
    BandGuy
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P I never did hear back. I signed up over a decade ago with an email address I don't use anymore. Do I have to use that same email address to upgrade if I want to transfer my vault to the latest account? Or, can I use a new email address? Thanks.

• Hi @BandGuy:

I'll check with the team, but as it's Canada Day today (and the Fourth of July for Americans like myself on Monday), it may take us a bit to get to you, but we'll be with you as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience!

As for which email address you'd like to use, you can use whichever you're most comfortable with to sign up for your new 1Password account, so you can definitely use a new email address. ๐Ÿ˜€

Jack

• BandGuy
    BandGuy
    Community Member
    edited July 2022
    Options

@Jack.P_1P

This is a very complicated, confusing, and frustrating process. And trying to go back and forth via email is not very helpful. Can't I just talk to someone and have them talk me through this?

• BandGuy
    BandGuy
    Community Member
    Options

Never mind. I think I figured it out.

• Sounds good. We're here if you need us.

This discussion has been closed.