No Safari extension visible

After installing 1P for Safari I open it and it says to open Safari Preferences and turn on 1P for Safari, but there is no 1P extension visible. If I click "More extensions" and the App Store opens, it says the extension is already installed and I can open it. Thus I start all over again.

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: 2.3.6
OS Version: MacOS 12.4
Browser:_ Safari 15.5

Comments

• Hey @Gingered / @Goshmir:

Thanks for letting us know about this! If you quit Safari, then open 1Password, and choose Help > Troubleshooting > Fix Missing Safari Extension, does it show up in Safari again? Let me know.

Jack

• Goshmir
    Goshmir
    Community Member

Thanks Jack, that did the trick. Problem solved.

• On behalf of Jack, you're welcome. Have a great weekend,

• RvLier
    RvLier
    Community Member

Thanks for the tip! I had the same problem. Clicking the Help>Troubleshoot >Fix Missing Safari Extension also fixed another extension I have that wasn't loading either. Seems like this is a bug you are all aware of and have found a fix/workaround. 🤔

• @RvLier

I'm happy to hear that 1Password for Safari is working again on your Mac! 😊

• Duhkha
    Duhkha
    Community Member

I have same issue. I've done all troubleshooting. macOS 12.4; 1P 8.8.0; 1P ext. 2.3.7. Also, as of today, 2022-07-08, 1P no longer appears in login fields. If not concerning, this issue creates endless frustration for users. Why hasn't this been addressed? Thanks.

• Hi @Duhkha:

If you quit Safari, then open 1Password and choose Help > Troubleshooting > Fix Missing Safari Extension, does it show up in Safari again? Let me know!

We're still investigating the root cause of this, but the troubleshooting option should fix it up when it does occur.

Jack

• mfloreen
    mfloreen
    Community Member

I came with the same issue, and this solved it for me too! Thanks for working on it.

A piece of info that may be helpful in troubleshooting: before the extension disappeared altogether, I had an issue with Safari "stealing the focus" when another app was on my screen. It probably happened about 3-5 times/hour, but turning off the 1Password extension would always stop it from happening. I reported it to 1P support, but they kept asking me to do a recording of it happening, which wasn't realistic. We'll see if the issue persists now that the extension is back.

macOS 12.5, Safari 15.6, 1Password 8.8.0.

• ag_tommy
    edited September 2022

@mfloreen

Please make sure to update all Apple things. Several important updates have been released.

 Apple Support - Keep your Mac up to date, Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, Update your Apple Watch

ref: VPT-25553-861

This discussion has been closed.