Quick Access window opens under dialog

Options
benmattison
benmattison
Community Member

Frequently (but not always?) when I use the autofill keyboard shortcut for a MacOS system dialog, Quick Access opens underneath the dialog and it's hard to navigate. Is there any way to avoid this? I have "Keep item details on top" checked but I guess that's not the same thing? Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 12.4
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @benmattison! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that Quick Access is opening behind system prompts. I haven't been able to reproduce the issue so far and would like to learn more:

1. What kinds of system prompts hide Quick Access? Opening a password protected DMG file, clicking the padlock in System Preferences, or a different prompt?
    2. Is it the Quick Access window itself that opens behind the system prompt or, if 1Password is locked, the unlock prompt asking for either your account password or Touch ID?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

• benmattison
    benmattison
    Community Member
    edited July 2022
    Options

@Dave_1P Thanks for the response! I am pretty sure it was a padlock in system preferences but now I can't seem to reproduce it. Possible that there was some confounding factor that has since been resolved. I will keep an eye out and provide more details if it happens again.

And it was definitely the Quick Access window that was behind the prompt—I remember trying to navigate to the right item to unlock one of my Macs without being able to see the whole window.

• benmattison
    benmattison
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P I found an example—the password dialog when moving an app to the trash. It requires a password, rather than TouchID, and when I type command-\ the Quick Access window comes up behind the Finder dialog.

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022
    Options

@benmattison

Thank you for that. I was able to reproduce this behavior. I'll get a bug report opened for the team.

ref: dev/core/core#13247

• benmattison
    benmattison
    Community Member
    Options

Great, thanks!

• You're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.