Opera GX browser (Windows 10) - 1Password refused connection from untrusted app

Options
ChameleonDevil
ChameleonDevil
Community Member
edited July 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Moderators: Apologies; I didn't see the 'Beta' tag in the headers, this is a released version, so please move to the correct section

Today Opera GX browser 1Password extension 1Password – Password Manager cannot be used to use/manage passwords since this morning.

When trying to use the extension in Opera GX browser, the desktop 1Password application shows a notification :

1Password refused connection from untrusted app: opera Norway AS

• Opera GX version:
    LVL4 (core: 88.0.4412.65)

• Extension name in Opera GX :
    1Password – Password Manager
    ID : aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa
    Version: 2.3.6

• Windows 10 Desktop 1Password application:
    Version: 7.9.830

1Password Version: 7.9.830
Extension Version: 2.3.6
OS Version: 10.0.19043.1766
Browser:_ Opera GX

Comments

• Hi @ChameleonDevil:

Thanks for letting us know about this. I was able to replicate it on my end, and I've flagged it with the team. In the meantime, right click the 1Password icon in Opera's toolbar, choose Settings, then deselect "Integrate with 1Password app". This will allow you to unlock 1Password in Opera using your account password, rather than sharing a lock state with the 1Password desktop app.

Keep an eye out for updates!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#16141

• ChameleonDevil
    ChameleonDevil
    Community Member
    Options

Good morning @Jack.P_1P

Thanks for confirming that the issue has been identified, I imagined my information is probably too specific for it to replicate...

Looking forward to the update, thanks for the quick assistance!

• ivan0590
    ivan0590
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P I have the same problem with Opera GX. But unfortunately, I can't access the Settings of the extension in order to deselect "Integrate with 1Password app".
    I'm a 1Password addict, I literally can't live without it. So, I really hope that you update the app soon.

Thanks anyway for your support!

• ChameleonDevil
    ChameleonDevil
    Community Member
    edited July 2022
    Options

Good day, I just want to follow up, and try to assist @ivan0590.

The settings of the Opera GX extensions are easier to find when you pin the 1Password extension.
    (I guess this article shows the pin effect: https://blog.programster.org/opera-pin-extensions)

Then on the pinned 1Password icon, right click to get the settings. On both desktops that I tested these settings are enabled and are editable.

In the settings of the extension, there is a General tab, and then the "Integrate with 1Password app". Untick; and then you will be able to click the pinned icon which will prompt for password.

Not ideal; but at least we can use the passwords on the browser again; but the linked integration with the desktop application makes it so much more useful.

Hoping to get a fix soon!

• Hi @ivan0590:

Did the steps @ChameleonDevil (thanks for the assist! 😎) shared allow you to access settings for 1Password in the browser? Let me know!

Jack

• dmote75
    dmote75
    Community Member
    Options

I too am seeing the same issue and error message as @ChameleonDevil, but i wanted to add I am able to unlock 1Password manually in the browser while still having the "Integrate with 1Password app" checked. Not sure if it matters, but wanted to add that in case it helps with any troubleshooting.

• ChameleonDevil
    ChameleonDevil
    Community Member
    Options

@dmote75, yeah that is strange; for me I couldn't manually unlock when "Integrate" was enabled.

Anyway that is not a problem anymore, the latest update (1password updated client updated this morning) had this notification:

Updated our browser integration support to work with the latest versions of Opera. {OPW-5159}

So, I updated Opera GX browser as well (version now : LVL4 (core: 88.0.4412.85)); and enabled "Integrate with 1Password app" again.
    I am happy to see that the Windows desktop application and Opera GX now works together again.

@Jack.P_1P
    Thanks so much for the fix!

• ChameleonDevil
    ChameleonDevil
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P

Where can we track suggestions or request / suggest features for the desktop application?
    It would be nice to have a "favorite password" section for a login/server page; but would explain the requirement in the relevant section.

• dmote75
    dmote75
    Community Member
    Options

@ChameleonDevil I just checked mine and saw it updated. Tested unlocking 1P and it unlocked in Opera!
    Thanks 1Password & @Jack.P_1P for the fast fix!

• Hi @ChameleonDevil / @dmote75:

Glad to hear it, and thanks for your patience!

I can definitely file a feature request for you, but just to make sure we're on the same page, do you mean marking a specific password field in a Login item as a "favorite" so that it's always displayed in the overview section?

Let me know!

Jack

• ChameleonDevil
    ChameleonDevil
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Jack.P_1P

Thank you; that would be great.

Yeah that sounds like something I would want for the browser, but also in the desktop application; which I use alot for logins (SSH/server logins etc).

For instance, a Server login item (Server Type), I have around 5 sections with several logins tied to each section:

Hosting Provider/Network Configuration Information/SFTP/SSH/Database info/Webserver logins. The first few sections are notes and hosting information which I would always just want to show first as they are important (to describe logins / etc). So the first 5 sections are information sections; so I have to scroll to the first section that contains logins which are the ones I use most (SSH logins).

So, I scroll down about 2 pages of content (the information used above is really important and I don't want to move things up/down further), so a favorite password/s for an item would be very nice to have!

Thank you!

Regards

• Hi @ChameleonDevil:

Thanks for confirming. I've filed a feature request about this. While I can't promise anything specifically, we use feedback like yours to help inform the future of 1Password.

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-1452

This discussion has been closed.