MRC conversion from XML / Thycotic Secret Server

kenneyc
kenneyc
Community Member

I tried to import my data from an old cloud version of Thycotic Secret Server, based on these instructions https://support.1password.com/import-thycotic/ . While the data imported, the folders became tags, and (some) of the entries became 1Password "Login" items, all of the record data (username, password, notes, etc) ended up in 1Passwords "other fields" area. For example, the username imported, instead of being in the username field in the top of the 1Password box, shows up lower down under Other Fields, with a custom label of username.

I opened a ticket with support an an example of our XML file and what it is doing, and they directed me to try MRC-converter. Looking through the documentation for MRC-converter, I don't see an XML option or template. I can definitely edit our XML as needed to make it import or convert properly, just need a structure to start with.

1Password7 local
to: 1Password online in Safari

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited July 2022

Hello @kenneyc

I know nothing about TSS. Do you have an example XML I could look at ?

My email is at the top of the convert.pl script in the suite.

• kenneyc
    kenneyc
    Community Member
    edited July 2022

emailed an example file as best as I could put together, thanks!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@kenneyc

Got it. Let's work offline until we determine how we want to proceed. Once we're done, we can summarize here.

• kenneyc
    kenneyc
    Community Member

The sample file from 1Password support worked and I was able to get our import working that way. Thank you SO MUCH for your prompt replies and help!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Outstanding @kenneyc

Enjoy 1Password!

• Hey @kenneyc:

I'm glad to hear @MrC was able to get you sorted out. Feel free to reach out if there's anything else we can help you with! 😀

Jack

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Actually, it was your customer support who helped out.

This discussion has been closed.