Wireless Network items

Options
bassbeats
bassbeats
Community Member
edited June 2013 in iOS

Hi!
First of all, i am also a user which does miss the wifi-sync option.
I don't want to use Dropbox.

But my Question is something different.
I've got a lot of different Passwords for WLAN's, stored on my devices.
Is there a way to move them from the iOS-Keychain to 1password?
Quite often i enter a WLAN Password in my iPhone and the next day i need it on my iPad.

Additionaly, is there any way to sync two devices locally?
For example while travelling i would like to enter the infos for an account on one device and use it on an other device…
I could imagine that this could be possible by enabling the Hot-Spot functionality on the iPhone - but without of wifi-sync it wont work...

Kind regards
bassbeats

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Is there a way to move them from the iOS-Keychain to 1password? Quite often i enter a WLAN Password in my iPhone and the next day i need it on my iPad.

There isn't a way to store Wi-Fi passwords in 1Password in a way that will make them directly available to the OS. You can store them in 1Password in order to look them up, though. I have many Wireless Network items in 1Password. If you want to automatically connect to the same network in the future, you will need to store the password in the system keychain as well.

is there any way to sync two devices locally?

Not two iOS devices, but you can sync between iOS and Mac via USB.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

• bassbeats
    bassbeats
    Community Member
    Options

hi khad!
    thanks for the quick answer.
    Well, i already thought that there might be no way to transfer the wifi-password data from 1password to ios.
    But what about the other direction?
    I mean in my phone are several wlan-settings, including passwords, stored. Is there a way to transfer them (automatically) to 1password?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

There is not a way to do that that I am aware of.

This discussion has been closed.