How to enable 3rd party app integrations

Options
iWarwick
iWarwick
Community Member

I have 1Password for Mac v 8.7.3 installed,

When I log into my computer, I get a dialog:

"3rd party app integration is disabled in 1Password. To access 1Password items from Launchbar, the "Enable 3rd party app integrations" option must be turned on in 1Password Preferences > Advanced."

However that is not an option to turn on in 1Password Preferences?

I am using a late 2013 iMac with macOS Catalina v 10.15.7 - it won't go higher.

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.7
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @iWarwick! 👋

I'm sorry that you ran into an error on your Mac. 1Password 8 doesn't include an integration with LaunchBar and to prevent the error that you mentioned above from occurring you'll need to disable 1Password integration in LaunchBar's preferences. This comment from another user might help: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/645548/#Comment_645548

Our founder Dave wrote about the exciting new opportunities for third-party integrations with 1Password 8 here: Early access and Alfred / Spotlight / LaunchBar (3rd party search integration) - Page 4 — 1Password Support Community

I suggest reaching out to the developer of LaunchBar to let them know that integration with 1Password 8 is something that you'd like to see. 🙂

• iWarwick
    iWarwick
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks.

I have disabled that Indexing and sent a link to founder Dave's comment to Launchbar.

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022
    Options

@iWarwick

On behalf of Dave, you're welcome.

If you hear anything from the Launchbar team and it's something that can be shared publicly, please let us know. I have directed several folks their way.

• iWarwick
    iWarwick
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately, the response from Launchbar was not particularly helpful:

LaunchBar does not support 1Password 8 currently. Please open your LaunchBar Index (⌥⌘i) and remove the 1Password items from the left sidebar. LaunchBar will then stop indexing them.

I sent them a further response hoping they could find the time to update Launchbar using the link you provided. Oh well.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@iWarwick

Thank you for the update! The new capabilities of 1Password 8 give developers a lot more flexibility and scope when it comes to integrations and hopefully we'll hear some good news in the future. 🙂

• ELBeavers
    ELBeavers
    Community Member
    Options

I have also been trying to track down an answer to this question.

• Hi @ELBeavers:

As my colleague Dave mentioned above, 1Password 8 doesn't currently support third party integrations, so if you're running into this with LaunchBar, you'll want to follow the steps here to disable 1Password items in LaunchBar:

LaunchBar does not support 1Password 8 currently. Please open your LaunchBar Index (⌥⌘i) and remove the 1Password items from the left sidebar. LaunchBar will then stop indexing them.

Jack

• tudor
    tudor
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue with me.

• ELBeavers
    ELBeavers
    Community Member
    Options

I still see this is a regression. Why did the 1Password community lose these third-party integration?

• @ELBeavers – 1Password 8 includes third-party integration using the CLI (Command-Line Interface) which developers can include in their apps. It seems, in this case, that the LaunchBar developers haven't adopted our new CLI yet. As and when they do, LaunchBar will again be able to integrate with 1Password.

• ELBeavers
    ELBeavers
    Community Member
    Options

That makes sense. I'll contact "the proper authorities." Thanks for the clarification!

• Sounds good ELBeavers. If you happen to hear anything please share with the us here in the community.

• Ptujec
    Ptujec
    Community Member
    Options

Hi! I just wanted to let you guys know that I built a LaunchBar action that works with 1Password 8.
    https://github.com/Ptujec/LaunchBar/tree/master/Passwords#launchbar-action-passwords-for-1password-8

Cheers

• ELBeavers
    ELBeavers
    Community Member
    Options

Checking that out now. Thanks for sharing Ptujec!

• @Ptujec

Thank you for sharing your efforts with the community! I’m sure that a lot of folks who are fans of both LaunchBar and 1Password will find what you’ve created useful. As always, I urge everyone to use caution when using unofficial integrations with 1Password as they haven’t been thoroughly reviewed, tested, or audited by our team and are not supported.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.