Find in a item

Options
jasimon9
jasimon9
Community Member

I used to be able to search within an item. I cannot find this function anymore. The "find" operation just finds the items. But when you have a lengthy note, one often wants to search within the note.

How?

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.4
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hi @jasimon9,

This isn't currently possible in 1Password 8 but I can understand how it can be useful. While I can't make any promises, I have added your feature request to our internal tracker.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback!

ref: IDEA-I-1393

• BobW
    BobW
    Community Member
    Options

+1. Another thing I've been wanting to request, but I can only spend so much time here before I get nothing else done!

• Hey @BobW,

I've added your vote to this feature request. Thanks for taking the time to contribute so much feedback lately, we appreciate it! 👍🏻

• CMYKirk
    CMYKirk
    Community Member
    Options

I also often used the find feature that doesn't appear available now in Mac Version 8. You had to go to EDIT first in v7, but at least you could use the workaround to find a keyword within a note or LogIn... now you can't!?!

We NEED a search feature that is decent, this was at least acceptable... now it is gone! This MUST be fixed... it was an important issue for many of us. It was my main gripe about 1PassWord until I was told about the workaround... now the problem is back!

• andrew.l_1P
    edited August 2022
    Options

Hi @CMYKirk,

Sorry to hear that workaround has been changed. I've added a proxy vote for the feature to search within items on your behalf but will also be sharing the details about this workaround in case it helps inform future improvements.

I appreciate you sharing how important this is to you and will do my best to advocate for it. 🙂

ref: IDEA-I-1393

This discussion has been closed.