Password History not kept

Options
moose
moose
Community Member

I just updated a password on a website using Chrome, and told 1Password to update the entry. When I review the record in 1Password, it does not show the previous password in Password History (only the current entry). Sigh!

1Password Version: 8.7.3 80703002, on PRODUCTION channel
Extension Version: 2.3.6
OS Version: Version 12.4 (21F79)
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022
    Options

@moose

I have not seen anyone report an issue like this. I would check for any duplicate sites. Perhaps you updated an incorrect one. Check for created passwords and also check for entries in the browser password manager. I too have had things saved in an incorrect location. I typically keep the browser password manager turned off, but during clean installs it's very easy to over look such things. Was this on another Mac, by chance? Perhaps you updated a copy that is not synced and you're unable to locate it on this specific device.

• moose
    moose
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_tommy

These are great suggestions but after a checking I can confirm that there were no other entries created or edited. It was all on the same computer. Nothing in Chrome password manager.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@moose

I'm sorry that the suggestions didn't solve the mystery. Are you able to reproduce the issue if you update the password using 1Password in Chrome again? If you can reproduce the issue then can you send me a list of steps that I can follow to reproduce the issue on my end?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

• nwikner
    nwikner
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem. I tried to use 1P to update a password on a site. 1P filled in a new password, and updated it in its database. Unfortunately the site wanted me to ALSO enter the old password. 1P filled in the new password in the field, which resulted in a failure to update the password on the site. Now I can't log in, because 1P only has my new password, there is no password history, and the web site wants my old password.

• Hi @nwikner,

Sorry to hear password histories aren't behaving as expected. If you're using the 1Password 8 app for Mac, can you tell me if you see this option on the menu beside the password you recently changed?

Let me know what you find and we can troubleshoot further from there. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.