My tipping point towards 1password? the Change Log episode

Options
sureifyBlaise
sureifyBlaise
Community Member

IDK if I anyone else has a special story about the moment they fell for 1password.
For me it was https://changelog.com/podcast/468 because I had recently started using 1passwd at $DAYJOB and noticed how well-considered the onboarding experience was.
Listening to the podcast there were several moments when I thought to myself "ok, these guys really get it. They're not just tourists, they are here to stay."

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

For me, I had been using a competitor before switching to Mac. They offered a Mac app, but the UI was ... not great. It felt very out of place to use it next to all of the beautiful apps on Mac. So I started hunting for a Mac-first option, and 1Password ("1Passwd" at the time) fit the bill. That would've been 2007ish. Have been a happy user ever since, which has also lead to gainful employment. 😃

Ben

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

I also used a competitor; until they stopped developing native Apps (which never had a great UI either).

Can you imagine I was more than a bit upset when AgileBits chose to use Electron for their macOS App?

I'm still not fully over it, but 1Password's new "macOS App" is definitely better than the one from that competitor.

Kudos to the SSH and CLI teams; their recent products kept me on board.

• sspaus
    sspaus
    Community Member
    Options

I use Windows, and the new "Rust" Windows version 8.7 is beautiful.

This discussion has been closed.