Universal Autofill and keyboard shortcuts

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Reverted to IP7 from 8.

Comments

• jhonknox
    jhonknox
    Community Member
    Options

Following are some major set back for me:

1. Autofill websites are not populating as fast as 1p7 (I am on M1)
    2. Autofill is submitting forms instantly amd no way to disable that. Lot of websites need captcha to fill and this breaks natural flow of filling forms.
    3. You can't really change Keyboard shortcuts, eg. I can't set cmd + opt + / to show list of options instead of autofill.
  • Kovah
    Kovah
    Community Member
    Options

As a long term 1Password user, I am really disappointed with version 8 and just went back to version 7.
    Besides the UX issues other users mentioned, I want to add a few other things.

First one is performance. The v7 app is snappy and opening the Quick Access overlay opens instantly. On the other side, v8 feels significantly slower and heavier. Scrolling through the main app, clicking on items sometimes feels like the app really has to load stuff, instead of having it just right there.
    Also, there seem to be a lot of issues with Universal Autofill to properly detect what I am trying to fill. Opening up a website, clicking on the login form, toggling Universal Autofill, the search is often just blank. Like no items were found. I have to close the overlay and start it up again, sometimes multiple times to finally get the item I currently need.
    I still use the legacy browser extension, maybe that's the cause. But it shouldn't. In comparison with v7 and the legacy extension, all common websites fill like I expect them to fill. I am too often forced to manually copy username, password and then the 2FA code to the login forms to be able to login. So 1Password v8 makes me do more instead of doing things for me. (like jhonknox already mentioned)
    PLEASE add an option to NOT automatically submit everything when using Universal Autofill! It's absolutely horrible that websites actually open Captchas or ask you to sign in manually, probably because the input is so fast that the sites think I am a bot or anything else automated. Especially Paypal and some hosting providers seem to be really picky about this. Aside from that, sometimes I want to click a "Remember me" checkbox before logging in.

Last but not least, please make more keyboard shortcuts customizable. I can't really use the Universal Autofill overlay to copy the password or 2FA code, because the fixed shortcuts are used by other apps. Being forced to then manually open up the item to manually click the password and 2FA fields to copy them is tedious.

I really hope that you are able to fix these issues.

• Hi @Kovah:

Thanks for your feedback on this.

First, 1Password 8 is only compatible with our newer 1Password in the browser extension, and doesn't work with the 1Password classic extension.

We're investigating a situation where Universal Autofill might not recognize the page or app you're on immediately, and I hope that we'll have that sorted out soon.

Additionally, I've shared your thoughts about an option for auto-submit. While I can't promise anything, I know adding an option for disabling auto-submit is on our radar.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#14506

This discussion has been closed.