2-Step Authentication not Working

Options
BlackJack
BlackJack
Community Member

Hello, the 2-step authentication no longer works with 1 password with the one-time password.
Currently not with Paypal and Ubisoft, not yet tested with others. When I log in and is asked for the 2-stage authentication, 1 password fills out the field itself with the 6-digit code, but when I confirm it always comes up that the code is wrong. I also entered the code manually, but it is always wrong, it no longer works. I have set up the one-time password with Paypal, but it still does not accept the code, there is always a message that the code is wrong. The same with Ubisoft. Why is it ? Otherwise it always worked. 1Password is installed on the current version. windows 10

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• AliH1P
    Options

Hey @BlackJack, thanks for reaching out. I'd like to ask you to check the time on your Windows device. Two-factor authentication is very time-sensitive so if the time on your device is off by a small amount it could cause the issue you're experiencing.

Head over to https://time.is/ to verify the time on your device.

If the time is off by more than 30 seconds, that would exceed the validity period of your one-time passwords and would explain the issue you're experiencing.

If you need any guidance adjusting the time on your device, you can find a guide here: How to set your time and time zone

Let me know how things go!

Ali

• BlackJack
    BlackJack
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Ali,

Many many thanks. My clock was wrong by 1 minute and 55 seconds when the Time page showed it. I synchronized my time in Windows 10 and reopened the time page, then my clock was exactly the same. I set up the one-time password again on Paypal and Ubisoft and it works again =)
    Many thanks for the quick solution ;-)

Greetings BlackJackLion

• Hello @BlackJack, on behalf Ali, I'm happy to hear that all is working again and the OTPs are syncing once again.

Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.