How to change the way Logins displayed when you have multiple logins per domain

Options
Purplediva
Purplediva
Community Member

I'm not sure if I'm searching for this the correct way, but I'm trying to figure out how (or if it's even possible) to change the logins are displayed in iOS when there are multiple usernames tied to the same or a similar domain.

The problem I have is that I have a couple of store cards for different merchants that are all issued by Comenity. Because of how they do their web portals, all of the logins have comenity as their top domain, but the trailing URL detail is card specific. On my Mac, I can differentiate between each login by the name I have given it, but on iOS, it just shows the website, meaning I can't figure out which login to use unless I actually go into 1P and then select the correct login. Same thing happens on lots of food ordering websites since they tend to use the same platforms.

I tried toggling the show username and websites, but all that does is force me to go into 1P every time, which I would rather not do.

Thanks for any help you can share!

iOS view

Desktop view:

1Password Version: 7.9.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 13.0
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hi @Purplediva:

Great question. In this situation, the best bet would be to tap the 1Password icon and search for the specific Login that matches the store card you're on. When you're using AutoFill, we rely on iOS to do the filling, rather than 1Password itself. iOS only receives the URL, username, and password of the Login item to display in that picker, and doesn't show the title of your Login item. Tapping the 1Password icon will open up the 1Password app to fill, where you can see the titles of your Login items. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• Purplediva
    Purplediva
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that is what I already do, tapping the 1P option so that it opens up all of the available logins. It's just an extra step that seems unnecessary if the name were displayed. It didn't occur to me that it was an iOS limitation since the behavior I want is available in Mac OS. This is actually the very issue that drove me away from safari keychain into using 1P exclusively. I couldn't change the names of the logins when I saved them, so I was always having to figure out which was which when logging into the web portals.

Thanks for your feedback though, I always appreciate the quick responses :)

This discussion has been closed.