Extension is missing

Options
kencohen
kencohen
Community Member

I've installed 1Password v. 8 and 1Password for Safari on my Mac. The extension is not installed and autofill does not work. I tried to download the extension, but the only ones I found in the App Store are for 1Password for Safari and for v7 which I have stopped using. The one for 1Password for Safari will not download. The App Store button says "Open", not "Get", so I guess that means the extension is installed somewhere, but I can't find it. It is not in the Safari>Preferences>Extensions window. It's all very frustrating. (note that 1Password does appear in the menu bar)

Autofill is not working on my Mac, as a result. I should add that the app is installed and seems to be working properly including syncing on my iphone and iPad.

I'd really appreciate any help with this.

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: macOS 11.6.7
Browser:_ Safari 15.5

Comments

• kencohen
    kencohen
    Community Member
    Options

Please note: I figured out what was wrong after I posted this, so the app is working properly now.

• Hey @kencohen:

Glad to hear it. If you run into trouble again, quitting Safari, and opening 1Password and then choosing Help > Troubleshooting > Fix Missing Safari Extension should improve your state of play.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.