1password exits login entry when switching apps

Options
zzblahblah
zzblahblah
Community Member

Hi,

I’ve noticed a slightly frustrating behavior on iOS and was wondering if this is by design. If I open and view a login item in 1Password to copy a field, then switch apps to paste the entry, when I switch back to 1Password to copy another field, it exits the entry and takes me back to my search results. I’d prefer that if I’m in an entry and switch out then back to 1Password, that it stay IN the entry until a timeout (like 10 minutes or whatever the “require re-auth” setting is set to)

If you’ve got multiple fields to copy/paste, it’s annoying to have to click on the login item again and then click to copy the field.

Is this by design?

Comments

• @zzblahblah

Try changing Settings > Vaults - Always open to -- Last used vault. I think this will get you going. If I have the option set to something else, I am always returned to that specific selection. However, using last used when 1Password locks I am returned to the entry I was using.

Please let me know if that helps.

• zzblahblah
    zzblahblah
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_tommy and thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately that didn’t do the trick. It still exits the item you’re viewing and returns to the vault screen. Instead of going to my preferred vault, it just now goes to my last used vault instead.

Appreciate the try, though!

• stagedive
    stagedive
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having this same very annoying problem. Is there any update on a way to fix this? I've been using 1Password on iOS for years and never had this problem with previous iOS builds.

Thank you

• stagedive
    stagedive
    Community Member
    Options

I've attached a video of the issue.
    Youtube video link.

Basically, if you leave the app and go back it will show the password/item you were on for a split second then automatically go to the homepage.

There must be a way to turn this off but I can't figure it out.

Thank you

• Dave_1P
    Options

@zzblahblah and @stagedive

Our developers are aware of an issue where the selection of the "Always Open To" setting in the 1Password app for iOS results in an item being closed when you switch away from the 1Password app and then back. The problem appears to be caused when you select your 1Password account for "Always Open To" instead of selecting a specific vault. We're investigating a permanent fix but in the meantime can you please try the following specific steps (they build upon what Tommy posted above):

1. Open and unlock 1Password on your iPhone.
    2. Tap on Settings.
    3. Tap on Vaults.
    4. Set "Always Open To" to Last Used Vault
    5. Tap on Categories on the bottom of the app. You might have to tap on it twice until you see all of the Categories (All Item, Logins, Secure Notes, etc...)
    6. Tap on the vault icon in the upper left corner of the app.
    7. Select All Vaults.

Then open an item and try to reproduce the same issue by switching to another app and then back to 1Password. 🙂

-Dave

• zzblahblah
    zzblahblah
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P I just tested this on my iPhone and even though all the settings were already set to the values you stated to choose, after I completed the steps, it did work the way we want. I opened an item (first chose one in Logins then tested again by searching for and selecting an item), switched to another app, and then when I switched back to 1P, it brought me back into the item details instead of taking me back to the item or search list like it used to.

Thank you!

• stagedive
    stagedive
    Community Member
    Options

It works! Thank you!

• Dave_1P
    Options

@zzblahblah and @stagedive

I'm happy to hear that the steps worked. 😊

This discussion has been closed.