Since installing 1Password8, I cannot see how to sync from iCloud on Mac

Options
Bawlanootin
Bawlanootin
Community Member

I cannot find the sync settings on the Mac since updating to v8
I have created a login on the iPhone which has synced to iCloud but it is not appearing on the Mac
I cannot find the sync settings on v8

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.7
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Sync from iCloud

Comments

• @Bawlanootin

1Password 8 only supports our membership options. It does not have the capability to sync with iCloud. It sounds as if your mobile device is still using an iCloud vault. We would suggest moving all of your data to your membership on that device and then remove that Primary (iCloud) vault. 1Password 8 has no sync settings as it handles all of those needs for you.

Move and copy items

That said, sometimes folks use the term iCloud (which we do not use) for syncing. Is the vault you describe an iCloud vault or are you experiencing trouble syncing with your membership?

• wburg1999
    wburg1999
    Community Member
    Options

If I create a password on 1password 8 on my Mac, I would like for that password to sync to my iPhone. How can I do that on 8?

• @wburg1999

If you have 1Password 8 installed on both your Mac and your iPhone and are using the same 1Password account on both devices then you'll instantly see updates/changes made on one device show up on the other device.

Do you have 1Password 8 installed on both devices and do you see the same items in 1Password 8 on both your Mac and iPhone?

-Dave

• wburg1999
    wburg1999
    Community Member
    Options

I do on both. OK good, so that's why I no longer see "sync" in my iPhone settings. Thanks for your help.

• @wburg1999

Indeed, 1Password 8 makes sure that all of your items are available on all of your devices and there's nothing that you need to configure yourself. I'm happy that everything is working. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.