Stop 1Password from asking to link/add my Team accounts?

Options
kenneyc
kenneyc
Community Member

I use 1Password as my personal password manager. My work also had a Team account, and I occasionally log into client's 1Password teams in the web browser. I don't want to add any of these accounts to my desktop app, and only use the web browser for the teams. Is there any way to get the app to stop asking me to add the Teams to my app/account?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hi @kenneyc:

To clarify, are you seeing these accounts when you're adding a new account to the 1Password app, or when you're signing into my.1Password.com? If you're signing into my.1Password.com, there's a prompt in the top right that asks if you'd like to add that account to the 1Password app, and choosing Never should prevent it from being displayed again. Let me know, and I can take a closer look.

Jack

• kenneyc
    kenneyc
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I think I explained this poorly.
    I have a personal 1Password account (using my personal email address) that I use on my Mac using 1Password 7.
    I am a member of 3 or 4 business teams (with my work email address).

When I log into the business team at (team name).1password.com , the desktop app prompts me to add the team account to my desktop app, and I don't want to, but I can't find a setting to get it to stop prompting.

• Hi @kenneyc,

Thanks for clarifying, I understand how this could be tedious. To confirm, you're seeing a prompt like this?

We've addressed it in 1Password 8 by adding the option to select "Never" on the prompt like Jack mentioned:

I'm sorry to say that I can't provide a way to do this in 1Password 7 though. If you're an account holder, the upgrade to 1Password 8 for Mac is free and may be worth considering for this and other great features!

• kenneyc
    kenneyc
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, that's the dialog I'm getting. I'll have to look at 1Password 8 again. Last time I looked at it I preferred 7, but it's been a while.

• @kenneyc,

Thanks for confirming. If you have any questions about 1Password 8 or making the upgrade, I'm happy to help. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.