Keyboard navigation in the Windows app

It seems to be impossible to use keyboard long-presses like holding the down-arrow or using keyboard shortcuts like ctrl-home to navigate the category pane in the Windows app. As I'm working pretty keyboard-focused, this is a real annoyance for me.
Any idea when this will come back? It was possible in v7 and at least in earlier versions of v8.

1Password Version: 8.8.0 (80800197)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Manaburner,

Thanks for reporting this.

It seems to be impossible to use keyboard long-presses like holding the down-arrow

This was a regression that we've just fixed in the latest nightly build (80800214) and should be available in the next beta build.

using keyboard shortcuts like ctrl-home to navigate the category pane in the Windows app.

Can you clarify this a bit, are you referring to expanding the category selector view on top of the item list or selecting the category on the sidebar?

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT

Can you clarify this a bit, are you referring to expanding the category selector view on top of the item list or selecting the category on the sidebar?

I'm using this shortcut to navigate the item list itself. For example, when I use the extension to "Open item in 1Password", the item list is scrolled to that item and remains there. When I then want to get to the top item in the list, I currently have to scroll a lot. Hitting ctrl-home took me to the top of that list in previous versions.
    Does that make sense?

• MikeT
    edited July 2022

Hitting ctrl-home took me to the top of that list in previous versions.

Ah, in that case, hitting just Home (and End) should do the same for you.

I only ask because we didn't hard-code that support in the previous version, so it's not something we added in 1Password 8 either. It looks like the standard UI in the previous framework had that shortcut built-in where the new one doesn't.

I'll file a bug report to support that combination as well.

Thanks again for clarifying this.

ref: dev/core/core#16444

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Oh wow, that worked, thank you :)
    It will help me as a workaround until the other combination is supported as well b/c I can't untrain my muscle memory in that case :D

• You're welcome and yep, I agree. Especially since both Linux and Windows support the same combination in major browsers and some apps, so we should add that combination to help with the memory muscle as you mentioned.

This discussion has been closed.