Getting logged out too quickly

Options
kreiter
kreiter
Community Member

In the last week or so, I have been getting logged out over and over after only a short period of time. I have it set to 300 minutes in my web account and don't see a setting in the plugin. This is a new issue. I work from home and if someone is on my computer, while I'm here, then there are bigger issues to deal with. Is this a new "feature" or a bug? I have been using 1P for years and years but this may be a deal breaker. I was upset about the subscription model and almost left but decided to grit my teeth and stay. If I have to enter my password over and over all day then what is the point to have it. Yes I understand the better passwords etc etc . I use it for convenience. My master password is strong so typing it over and over all day is a problem. Please let me know if there is a setting somewhere to fix this.

I put this in the "Windows" section because their isn't an option "It's everywhere."

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• AliH1P
    Options

Hey @kreiter, thanks for reaching out. I can certainly understand the disruption this can cause to your workflow. Could you tell me a little more about your current setup? For instance, do you have 1Password for Windows (desktop app) installed alongside 1Password in your browser (extension)?

I'll be happy to provide steps on how to manage your auto-lock settings depending on your current setup. Looking forward to your reply!

Ali

• kreiter
    kreiter
    Community Member
    Options

I do have the desktop app but rarely use it unless I'm managing the stored passwords. As it turns out when I logged into the app now it's staying logged in. It seems as though when the app isn't logged in and you use the extension to log in it's only for a short time. I guess I'm ok now but it's just an unexpected change in the way it works.

• AliH1P
    Options

Hey @kreiter, I'm glad to hear things are working better while 1Password for Windows is running.

If you have app integration enabled, 1Password in your browser (extension) will have a shared lock state with the desktop application. This means the auto-lock settings from the desktop application will apply to 1Password in your browser. It sounds like that's the case here which would explain why things are working better now. Let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything else we can help with.

Ali

This discussion has been closed.