After autofill in Firefox/Chrome my MacBook Pro automatically switches app to Safari

Options
frankly
frankly
Community Member

I use Safari, Chrome, and Firefox all day long. When I am using 1Password to fill username and password on a page in Chrome or Firefox, it regularly fills these in and then switches to Safari. What I mean by this is that the equivalent of me Command-tabbing to Safari occurs. It does not cause Safari to load the same page or try to log into something, it just switches to the Safari app. I also use Spaces, so this often results in changing to a different space on my computer as well. I have to Command-Tab back to Firefox or Chrome and press Enter to complete the login process. Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

1Password Version: 8.7.1
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: 12.4
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• @frankly

Please check for update to 1Password 8. You indicated you are using 8.7.1. Version 8.8.0 is now available. Also, it's worth mentioning while you are doing maintenance it might be wise to update from 12.4 to 12.5.

• frankly
    frankly
    Community Member
    Options

I will try that. Unfortunately I have to wait because the updater in 1Password requires an administrator and this is a work computer. Speaking of that, why does the updater require administrator privileges? What is it doing that it needs that level of approval?

This discussion has been closed.