Unlock screen for quick access bar hidden behind other windows after shortcut press

Options
sclark73
sclark73
Community Member

Conditions:

• After the upgrade to 8
  • When 1password needs to be unlocked

With 7, my behavior was:

• press the quick access shortcut
  • unlock screen comes into focus, and I type my password

With 8, the broken behavior is:

• press the quick access shortcut
  • nothing happens
  • I have to command-tab to bring the unlock screen to the front so I can unlock 1password
  • I type my password.

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: 12.4
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:quick access

Comments

• wd6awp
    wd6awp
    Community Member
    Options

Hey 1password folks,
    I have this problem too and it's a PIA, requiring too many key strokes. Is there a solution to this problem?

• @sclark73

The team is aware of an issue like this. I'm sorry you experienced it. At this time I do not know of a workaround. In my understanding this happens mostly with system prompts. Are you experiencing this elsewhere? I see you are on 12.4 I would recommend checking for updates as 12.5 has been released.

@wd6awp

Are you seeing this behavior with more than system prompts?

• dan234523
    dan234523
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

I have this problem as well, and it is SO frustrating. Seems like 1password has really gone downhill since v8 :(

I see this all the time when filling passwords from both chrome and firefox, and it has been a problem for at least a year. I go to fill or quick access with they keystroke, it determines I need to unlock, and the unlock window pops up behind the current one. Keyboard focus remains in the current window, so if I'm moving quick, I'll start typing my master password into the browser instead of 1password. Not cool.

BTW: I'm on macos 12.5.1, 1password 8.8, chrome extension 2.3.7 and firefox extension 2.3.7. Both browsers stay obsessively updated. This has been happening since before Monterey was released, and I seriously doubt it's related to the OS.

This discussion has been closed.