1P And Subdomains: Return of a Classic

Options

Good morning/afternoon/whatever all,

Let me hedge this a bit by saying that I greatly enjoy using 1P and think it's a damn fine tool and does what I need an overwhelming amount of the time. I also know from google/search that this topic comes up periodically and the matter is driving me nuts enough that I've got to do the same again.

1Password makes self hosting and professional workflows painful due to how browser autofill matching works.

For anyone managing multiple services utilizing the same domain (professionally or for fun) things quickly become untenable as the quick selection popup in the browser fills up with dozens of similarly named entries, often with the same username and similar descriptions. I understand that the service doesn't just do string matching and uses some fancy methods by way of Mozilla (if memory serves). I also understand that sysadmins and people with selfhost-itis are not going to be the majority of users and that the viability of spending dev hours on this sort of thing isn't going to be a good ROI. However the people that need a means to manage too damn many logins are impacted the most here.

Is there any sort of means that I've missed to get suggested passwords to more strictly follow the URL of a given page? Having logins for:

• jenkins.foo.io
  • grafana.foo.io
  • postgres.foo.io
  • proxmox.foo.io
  • rssreader.foo.io
  • [Umpteen NAS users from nas.foo.io]

all pop up when I'm trying to log into plex.foo.io is annoying at worst, but at business scale it's borderline unusable. Now of course this can be mitigated via Quick Access or searching for the login manually, but having things "just work" would be so very nice.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

This discussion has been closed.