Number option needed in Memorable

Options
ahenson
ahenson
Community Member

Most of the websites I use often require a number in the password. It would save a lot of extra steps if the Memorable option when generating a new password allowed you to easily add a number. The end result would fit all of my password needs (symbol, lowercase, uppercase, number)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Memorable option feature request

Comments

• Hi @ahenson!

When generating a Memorable Password, you can change the Separator option to include Numbers and Symbols. I have attached a screenshot of what your settings should look like.

Please let me know if this creates the end result that you are looking for. Have a great day :)

• ahenson
    ahenson
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! I just started using 1Password and missed this.

• Good morning! @ahenson We're happy to have you with us. With 1Password being such a powerful tool it's easy to miss a detail. We'll be more than happy to help with questions you might have. Send them on over we've got you. 😊

• ahenson
    ahenson
    Community Member
    Options

Is there a setting to enable the Memorable formatted password to come up as the suggested password rather than the Random format when setting up a login to a website or it always going to suggest the more secure Random format?

• Hey @ahenson, there sure is! Here are the steps:

1) Click the 1Password icon on your browser's toolbar
    2) Click the menu
    3) Click Password Generator

From here you'll see a similar window to the one that appears in the 1Password app. You can select your preferred password type in the drop down menu and then scroll down and you'll see a toggle for the option to Use as default for suggestions

Then you're all set and future suggested passwords in this browser will be within the parameters you selected. Let us know how that works for you or if you have any questions. 🙂

• ahenson
    ahenson
    Community Member
    Options

I'm sure this is user error, but I'm not getting the same screens as you when I click on the 1password icon in my Chrome browser. See 1st attachment. If I select "Open 1Password", then I get a menu that does not include Password Generator as an option (see 2nd attachment). I'm on a Mac Pro

If this Community forum is not the place for me to ask these "how to" questions, please direct me to the correct site.

Thanks.

• You're in the right place, @ahenson!

Thanks for including those screenshots. The 1Password browser extension will be part of your browser window, it looks like the icon you tried may be the one in the menu bar, which remains at the top of your screen even when your browser is closed:

If it helps, you can also distinguish them by colour, the menu bar icon will be a single colour while our current browser extension is the white/blue/black 1Password logo.

Let me know how that goes or if you have any questions. 👍🏻

• ahenson
    ahenson
    Community Member
    Options

You are right. Found the right menu. Thanks!

• Happy to help and glad to hear you're all set, @ahenson!

Feel free to post again if you have other questions in the future. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.