Unable to login after upgrade to 1Password 8

Options
JeroenG
JeroenG
Community Member
edited July 2022 in Windows

This morning I upgraded the 1Password app on my Windows laptop to version 8. After upgrade I'm not able to login :-(.

Tripple checked the URL, secret-key and password (which I can still check on my mobile device). Reboot, re-install, another reboot. nothing helps.

Wil have to start recovery procedure with our admin to be able to login (hopefully). Anybody experienced the same?

Keep safe,

Jeroen

1Password Version: 8.8.0 (80800203, on PRODUCTION channel)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10 64 bit
Browser:_ n/a

Comments

• Kletus
    Kletus
    Community Member
    Options

Hello together

I have exactly the same problem. On my mobile device, I can log in with the same credentials without any problems.

Greetings
    Kletus

• JeroenG
    JeroenG
    Community Member
    Options

Turned out that some ^%$%$^@^$#@% security policy is blocking 1password traffic. Forwarded all to our security

• Hello @JeroenG,

Thanks for your message and the latest update about the security policy blocking the 1Password traffic. Please let us know if you have further questions.

@Kletus, since you've mentioned you can sign in through your mobile device, I'd expect you can also sign in from 1Password.com (or .ca/.eu). If you can confirm this to be the case, can you try the following?
    1. Sign in to 1Password.com (or .ca/.eu).
    2. Select your name from the top of the right sidebar > "Get the apps".
    3. Under Step two, click the "Add your account directly" button.
    4. Select "Open 1Password for Windows desktop".
    5. Sign in with your account password.

If your still having troubles, can you send a 1Password diagnostics via email to support+windows@1Password.com so we can help to investigate further? Please do not post these details in the forums.

Could also include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so we know it's you when your message arrives. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.