Double password confirmation

Wobble
Wobble
Community Member

I've encountered an issue (signing up to this community no less) where if there is a double password confirmation box it will not enter the password in the confirm box. You see the autofill box, you click it and select your password, but it doesn't put anything in the confirm password box. Also, it changes the email field and replaces it with the username field. I am not sure if this is the case with other sign-up sites but it's a bit silly that it takes a lot of different steps (go into the 1p app, view detail, copy password, retype email) to sign up on a 1password site.

Comments

• Hello again, @Wobble, thanks for letting us know this has been an issue for you. I tested the account registration here on the forum and on a few other sites and I was able to reproduce what you described with the confirm password field not being filled. I've gone ahead and shared this with the team.

It looks like with 1Password 7 for Android, the confirm password field is filled so I would anticipate this behavior is likely to change as we continue to optimize the new filling logic for mobile browsers. Thanks again!

ref: dev/core/core#16684

This discussion has been closed.