iPad Home Screen “Pos 1”

Options
JohnnyFJohnsson
JohnnyFJohnsson
Community Member

Hi,

After updating to the latest beta build I noticed that it now says “Pos 1” next to my Home logo on the start screen. I think it only happened with this release as I have not noticed it before but I might be wrong.

Best,
Johnny

1Password Version: 8.9.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 15.6
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• BKrnk
    BKrnk
    Community Member
    Options

iOS aswell. Reported this in the old beta aswell.

• Hey folks,

I was able to locate an issue we have filed in this regard. My apologies it remains. We'll try to get it resolved.

ref: dev/core/core#16434

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited July 2022
    Options

I'm one of the proofreaders for the German language, and I already reported this translation bug right after the release of the iOS version 8.8.0 build 210. A fix should be waiting, but it was not implemented in the latest beta 8.9.0 build 1. Hopefully it will find its way into the next beta build. 😉

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Should be fixed in 8.9.0 builds 15. 👍

• Thanks @DenalB,

On a technical level, we mitigated the error in 8.9.0-15, but haven't fixed the underlying cause. :p

This bug has been a fun one to work on, it's conceptually simple, the solution is complex, because of the interactions between different systems.

We use an external service to manage the translations. We run an integration that provides the strings we define in English to the translation service. We have another integration that downloads the translated strings, creates a new git commit, and opens a merge request with the translated strings. As a result, we don't rely on an external service at build-time.

There are three relevant strings. KeyboardShortcutHome which should have the value Pos1. MobileTabBarHome and HomeTitle should both have the value Startseite.

The problem is our translation system incorrectly thinks these strings are duplicates. So, when we download new translations, MobileTabBarHome and HomeTitle get set back to Pos1.

We will be adjusting the way duplicates are handled, but that requires some other technical changes, that we don't have in-place yet.

James Dressel
    Senior Build Engineer

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the detailed information, @James.Dressel_1P .

Let's see if "Pos1" is back in the near future. I will take a look and come back to you as soon as I recognize the issue. 😉😁

This discussion has been closed.