1Password no longer accepts password nor allows facial recognition.

Atlmagi
Atlmagi
Community Member

I have 1Password on an iPhone 12 Pro Max that no longer accepts my password nor allows facial recognition.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 15.6
Browser:_ Safari & Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:I have a 1Password on an iPhone 12 Pro Max that no longer accepts my password nor allows facial rec.

Comments

• Hi @Atlmagi:

Are you using a 1Password account, or a standalone vault synced with a third party sync service like iCloud or Dropbox? It isn't possible to reset your account password if you've forgotten it, and similarly, if you're no longer able to use Face ID to unlock 1Password for iOS, there isn't a way of re-enabling it.

Do you have access to your 1Password information on any other devices? Let me know.

Jack

• Atlmagi
    Atlmagi
    Community Member

Thanks Jack.

First, I am "trying" to use a 1Password account. Yes, I do have the information on 2 other devises, one is an iPad.

Herschal

• @Atlmagi

If you no longer can access 1Password via the password or Biometrics, the likely the best option is to reinstall the app.

• Atlmagi
    Atlmagi
    Community Member

Thanks for your response, I think I have it working but I do have a lot of cleaning up to do. Again, thanks for your assistance.

Herschal

• You're most welcome. If you find you need help, feel free to post back.

This discussion has been closed.