Password issue, unable to log in via Windows App

jasmith
jasmith
Community Member

I have a user, that we recently recovered her account. She is now able to log into 1Password online, but when attempting to log in via the app it fails. She uses the same password in both instances. Is the password cached on the computer somewhere. Tried uninstalling and re-installing, no change. There is no option to unlock with windows hello. Baffling! Had her try to log in with old password and in desperation her windows pw!

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hello @jasmith,

Thanks for your message. I'm sorry to hear of the troubles this user is having while trying to unlock the 1Password 8 app after the account recovery.

Was this user ever able to unlock version 8 previously with the old account password or has this never worked with version 8? If so, the new account password used on 1Password.com is the same password needed when unlocking the app. I've included some steps below that they can try to follow to reset the app:

How to reset the 1Password app on a specific device

If this didn't help, can you have the user send a 1Password diagnostics report via email to support+windows@1Password.com so we can help to investigate? Please do not post these details in the forums. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.