About to give up on 1Password - can't use 1Password 8

Options
uimike
uimike
Community Member

After a full 7 days of sending FIVE diagnostics reports to FOUR different people, a new support person each time, asking the same questions all over, and asking for the same things all over - seemingly my case is read each morning by a person unawares of what had been done the previous day - I am about to give up on 1Password - as my yearly renewal is in TWO days.

It just doesn't make sense to renew if I can't sign on to 1Password 8 (my password is rejected). Version 7 works fine, the browser works fine, but even Agile is saying V7 will not be supported. So, end of line for me?

It has been extremely frustrating dealing with support. Everyone always very polite, but nothing gets done, really. Seems like I'm lost in Brazil. (Monty Python's, that is)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• uimike
    uimike
    Community Member
    Options

BTW, brand new macbook pro M1 Max, 32GB, 2TB, latest OS, Safari

• Ben
    Options

Hi @uimike

I do see your case has been open for a while due to some back and fourth.

For some background:

We initially assumed your issue was related to a standalone ("Primary") vault, and routed to our migrations team (Chris, Paul, and Mark-Shane), due to that being the most common cause of issues unlocking the app. It turns out that was not the case, and your ticket was escalated to our Mac technical support team. That is where Grey and Dave have come in. I see within the last hour we were able to receive a 1Password 8 diagnostic report from you. The previous report you had sent was from 1Password 7, which was helpful in determining the issue was not caused by a standalone vault (eliminating the most common cause as the situation), but does not help in figuring out what is happening with 1Password 8. This is why a separate report was requested.

What's happening now:

I have personally reviewed your 1Password 8 report, and have left some notes on my findings. To avoid adding yet another voice to the conversation I''ve reached out to Dave, who you've been working with, so we can determine the best path forward. Dave will be back in touch with you via email ASAP.

I don't anticipate any further hiccups here but if I can be of further assistance in moving this along please let me know.

Ben

ref: HYE-86612-867

• uimike
    uimike
    Community Member
    edited July 2022
    Options

Thank You Ben!
    I have sent 2 v7 and 3 v8 reports (or so I think, as v8 was installed when I used the diagnostics app).
    I have turned off Norton etc. a few days ago, which of course is not ideal for a prolonged time :-) - but that didn't seem to make a difference. I also made sure the system preferences didn't have any assistive turned on.

• Ben
    Options

You're welcome @uimike. It appears Dave was able to get this straightened out for you but if there is anything further please let us know. 🙂

Ben

This discussion has been closed.