Why can't I edit my category items with a new icon?

BirdieErnie
BirdieErnie
Community Member
edited July 2022 in Windows

I am having problems editing the category item icon. I go to the item and select edit. Choose "new icon". What happened to the old paste from the clipboard? I choose the jpg file icon. It loads to the edited window of the category item. I save and the old icon is shown. It just does not work. How do I change the icon?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @BirdieErnie,

I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you've been experiencing when editing an item icon.

The option to paste from the clipboard is no longer available and editing an item, clicking the icon and selecting Choose new icon... is the new process to be following.

I've been unable to reproduce the behaviour you speak of. When following those steps and clicking Save, the icon briefly reverts back to the original, but after a second or two, the item saves with the new icon. Can you let us know if unchecking and checking the Settings (Ctrl + Comma) > Privacy > Show app and website icons, causes any different behaviour? Also, does locking and unlocking 1Password cause the icons to save as expected?

Please let us know!

• BirdieErnie
    BirdieErnie
    Community Member

Still have the same problem. I tried unchecking and checking the Settings (Ctrl + Comma) > Privacy > Show app and website icons. I also tried locking and unlocking 1Password. I first create an icon for my saved "login". The icon is a *.jpg file. I load the desktop app of 1Password. I go to the saved "login". I click "Edit". I then click the icon and select "Choose new icon...". I select the saved icon in jpg format. It loads to the edited "login". I click "Save" and the loaded icon disappears. Don't know what is going on. Everything worked fine before I upgraded to the new version. Do you have any other suggestions?

• Hello again @BirdieErnie, thanks for letting us know this continues to be an issue.

Can you send a 1Password diagnostics report via email to support+windows@1Password.com so we can help to investigate? Please do not post these details in the forums.

If you could also include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle to help recognize your report in our inbox. Thank you!

• 1Passworder1
    1Passworder1
    Community Member

I have kinda related issue. When I select a new icon from desktop and click save, sometimes it doesn't save and still shows the old icon. I have to repeat the process 2-3 times for it to take effect. Not a biggie for me; in fact you can ignore this. Just adding this here since this thread showed up in my search for icons.

• Hello @1Passworder1,

We appreciate this additional report and that you've experienced some troubles with custom icons updating immediately. Next time this happens, instead of editing the item and trying again, could you let us know if manually locking the app (Ctrl + Shift + L) and then unlocking 1Password again helps?

I've been unable to recreate this behaviour, but as I've seen this a few times, we'd like to investigate. Please note the date and time you've had this issue occur and create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.