Find broken on v8?

Glacier10Glacier10
Community Member

I am a long time user since version 2.0 came out, which was like around 2006 or so and I love 1password.
However after I upgraded to v8, I am completely puzzled by the new and clumsy UI and try to get accustomed to it. I was able to find workarounds for most of the missing features, so I can at least make use of the new version. However, I cannot get the search function to work correctly:

I have items with a certain naming convention, e. g. "abc-20220728" and so on. Up until v7 I was able to filter and search for "202207" to show me all items containg this string in their names. I cannot find these items in v8. I already built a collection containing all my vaults, so I can search in all the vaults at a single place, however, I cannot figure out how the search function works.
If I search for "abc-", the items shows up, albeit the search takes so much longer than in v7 where the matches showed up immediately.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.5
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• viswizviswiz
    Community Member

This problem is known at least since September 2021. Agilebits is still "evaluating" the situation. They've added some kind of workaround called 'find'. You can open 'find' cmd + opt +f or via menu. It works almost like the search in all previous versions. Sadly they haven't added an option to replace the totally broken search with find by default. For people relying of search 1PW8 is unusable.

• PeterG_1PPeterG_1P

Team Member

Hi @Glacierman and @viswiz, there's some new substring search functionality in the latest Nightly release you might be interested in. If you'd like to try it out, we'd love to have your impressions!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file