Custom credit card types + change section "credit card" to "bank card" or more generic name

The world is bigger than "credit card". More and more people use debit cards now.

Please allow users to set their custom type of bank/credit/whatever card. There are more types like GiroCard in Germany or also MIR in Russia and so on … especially also let us mark a card as virtual.

To reflect these changes also please change the category "credit card" to a more generic category name.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.5
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:Custom type credit card

Comments

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

+1 from me on this. The naming really could do with an update. "Bank card" or "Finance card" sounds sensible to me?

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022

@slackero @rctneil

If it's naming, you could type in the name field. In that situation, to work best with the card type detection logic we use you would likely want to add a custom icon. I typed the name other. Hope this helps. To set a custom icon you would click the "V" on the image in the edit screen.

• slackero
    slackero
    Community Member

Ah, I see now – type is customizable.

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022

@slackero

Yep, I can't tell you how many times I overlooked this. That 💡 moment when someone shared it with me was amazing. I am happy I could share it with you.

This discussion has been closed.