Why are credit card verifications numbers hidden in browser extensions and can it be disabled?

I find it annoying that credit card verification numbers are hidden in browser extensions. They are not hidden in the app. I cannot find a setting that reveals all numbers by default. Is it possible to do so? It is an unnecessary step that is silly on a personal computer used by me only at home.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:credit card verification

Comments

• Hi @trmoore:

Thanks for your feedback here. As it currently stands, there isn't any way of revealing credit card verification numbers all the time in 1Password in the browser. If you're on Windows or Linux, pressing Ctrl+Alt at the same time will reveal concealed fields in 1Password in the browser, and if you're on Mac, Ctrl+Option will reveal concealed fields.

With that said, I can see how it would be useful to always show credit card verification numbers, so I've added your thoughts to a feature request we have on this. While I can't promise anything, we use feedback like yours to help inform the future of 1Password.

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-735

• trmoore
    trmoore
    Community Member

Thanks, Jack

• You're very welcome @trmoore.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.