Feature request - Change order of fields

markemark
markemark
Community Member

Can we please add the feature to allow us to move the order of fields

Use case example - i have an oyster travel card account with London TFL - but I have a number of cards I add.
when I add a new card _ I want to keep them all together - but without having ability to move fields I cannot - it becomes a pain really quickly.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.5
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:change order of fields

Comments

• andrew.l_1P
    edited August 2022

Hi @markemark,

I agree that this would be a useful feature and really appreciate you taking the time to share the specifics of your use case! I will add your vote to our internal tracker. If you're keen to see new features as they become available in the meantime, feel free to explore the 1Password for Mac Beta Releases.

Thanks again. 🙂

ref: IDEA-I-372

• 1Jeff
    1Jeff
    Community Member

This is a +1 from me too. I frequently rely on custom field-ordering, especially as my entries change over time and some information is more important than others.

By way of example: I have an account which, for boring reasons beyond my control, has two TOTP tokens. In OP7 I could re-order the fields so that both TOTP tokens were "above the fold," but now I cannot. That's a rather frustrating basic feature to lose after having it for so many years.

• Hi @1Jeff,

I agree and I appreciate you sharing your use case, these examples really help us best advocate for features. I've added a proxy vote on your behalf!

• ryder_hook
    ryder_hook
    Community Member

I also like this feature. In EU we have the problem, that the template for credit cards does not include the PIN of the card. So when you add the PIN as custom field, it is fully at the end. But the PIN is the most relevant field, when you use the card in a shop or in a petrol station you need to know the PIN. So ordering the fields and having the PIN somewhere in the beginning of field list, would be very helpful.

• Thanks for sharing this example, @ryder_hook! I can't share specifics at the moment but bringing this feature to 1Password 8 is certainly on our radar. We'll do our best to post updates to threads like this one, but I also recommend turning on automatic updates in the app and if you're extra keen, keeping an eye on our 1Password for Mac Beta Releases. 😊

• ryder_hook
    ryder_hook
    Community Member

Thanks for the feedback, this sounds really good. And automatic updates is already on!

• Nicely done!

This discussion has been closed.