1password initially fills the same wrong password in for all websites

Options
Timidfriendly
Timidfriendly
Community Member
edited August 2022 in Mac

The first time I use the keyboard shortcut to login to a website, the sites username and password fields are filled with the same wrong username and password.
So I press the keyboard shortcut again —for the second time— and this time the login credentials are correctly injected into their corresponding fields.

Why is this and how can I resolve it?

1Password Version: Mac 8.8.0 80800203
Extension Version: Password Manager 2.3.7
OS Version: Monterey 12.4 (21F79)
Browser:_ Chrome 03.0.5060.134 (Official Build) (arm64)
Referrer: forum-search:1password fills the same wrong password in for all websites

Comments

• Hi @Timidfriendly:

Thanks for letting us know about this. This is a bug we've sorted out in our beta and nightly releases. If you'd like to switch to the beta releases, you can find the instructions here: Use 1Password beta releases

If you're seeing the same Login everywhere you first fill in Chrome, you may also need to remove the linked app in this item. Look for a Login item that has had Google Chrome added as a linked app, edit that item, and remove the link. That Login item should no longer fill the first time you use Autofill from then on. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• ehed
    ehed
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I'm having the same issue, is this bug fix out of beta yet? This seems like a fairly dangerous bug from a password security standpoint.

• Hi @ehed:

Thanks for following up. The bug that caused items to be linked incorrectly has been fixed and released in 1Password 8.9.4 for Mac. Any affected items will need to be edited using the steps I shared above.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.